Attention parents! Here is the list of questions students will be asked upon arriving at school each day.
Please use the Quick Guide posted here to help answer any questions about our Daily Plan B Procedures.
2020-2021 SCHOOL SUPPLIES
The school supply list for the 2020-2021 school year is attached to the right. Please access this list to ensure that your student has the required items to begin the school year.
Please make note of the specific supplies listed for EIGHTH GRADE SCIENCE, SEVENTH GRADE SOCIAL STUDIES, ART, CHORUS, and FAMILY & CONSUMER SCIENCE COURSES!
PREPARING FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
Meal Pricing: For August 17-August 31, meals will be provided to all students at no charge.
THE GROWLER YEARBOOK EARNS HIGH DISTINCTION!
The 2020 volume of The Growler was awarded two awards from the North Carolina Scholastic Media Association.
The Growler received a designation of "All-North Carolina" along with nine other schools across the state. Our book was the only middle school represented in this category. Along with this designation, out of the ten total All-North Carolina books, we were chosen as one of the eight books to also receive their highest disctinction - "TAR HEEL"
According the the NCSMA website, "All North Carolina is NCMA's highest rating. All-North Carolina media demonstrate excellence in all areas of journalism, combining effective writing and design with broad and diverse coverage. Tar Heels, the highest honor, are awarded to select student media from the All-North Carolina class."
We have approximately 30 copies of the AWARD WINNING 2020 Growler available for purchase. The cost is $65.00 per copy. Please contact the main office to purchase a copy today!
RCSS Response to Coronavirus Crisis Information:
REMOTE LEARNING INFORMATION:
- 8/10 - First day back for Teachers/Staff
- 8/12 - Middle School Open House
- 8/17 - First day back for Students
- 9/7 - Holiday
- 9/17 - Interim Reports
- 10/12 - Remote Learning Day (ALL)
- 10/21 - End of First Quarter
- 10/22 - Second Quarter Begins
- 11/3 - Remote Learning Day (ALL)
- 11/11 - Holiday - No School
- 11/12 - Report Cards
- 11/25 - Annual Leave - No School
- 11/26 - Holiday - No School
- 11/27 - Holiday - No School
- 12/1 - Interim Reports
- 12/18 - 2 Hour Early Dismissal
- 12/21 - Teacher Workday
- 12/22-1/1 - Winter Break -
- 1/15 - End of Second Quarter/First Semester
- 1/18 - Holiday - No School
- 1/19 - Teacher Workday
- 1/20 - Third Quarter/Second Semester Begins
- 01/27 - Report Cards
- 2/15 - Remote Learning Day (ALL)
- 2/19 - Interim Reports
- 3/8 - Remote Learning Day (ALL)
- 3/23 - Third Quarter Ends
- 3/24 - Fourth Quarter Begins
- 3/29-31 Spring Break
- 4/1-2 - Spring Break Continues
- 4/5 - Remote Learning Day (ALL)
- 4/12 - Report Cards
- 4/30 - Interim Reports
- 5/31 - Holiday
- 6/2 - Last Day for Students/2 Hour Early Dismissal
- 6/3-4 - Teacher Workdays
FOLLOW US ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS